Given my alleged programming skills and overwhelmingly massive, bulging muscles, it was inevitable that Bodybuilding.com would eventually call and ask me to do some work for them. As a result, after seven weeks of freedom I’m now in Idaho trying to figure out how to work the coffee maker and find the bathrooms at a new client. A fact that I was previously unaware of: Boise averages 90-100°F at this time of year, so while the city and its immediate environs seem like an inviting place to explore, the week has mostly been spent in the much-cooler confines of the office and the local Marriott; however, future explorations of the potato state are probably inevitable.
While “overjoyed” might not be the most accurate description of how it feels to again be spending the days in an office, the co-workers seem like good folks and the long off-time was a more-than-adequate break that turned out to be ridiculously productive:
- Audrey and I got two weeks to swim with whale sharks and other fishes.
- JAMWiki, my ongoing side-project, gained a number of new features, and JAMWiki 1.1 is almost ready for release to the masses.
- JAMGuides, my newest side-project, is making steady progress and slowly approaching a usable state.
- The rest of the Holliday clan endured having the oldest child visit them twice, including an unfortunate incident during which Ma Holliday sent her son to an ignominious defeat in a game of P.I.G.
- Last but not least, the always-intimidating TODO list on the fridge was reduced from horrifying proportions to a merely unmanageable size.
Stories may be limited in coming weeks due to work, but with any luck there will still be enough excitement to justify the three-journal-entries-a-month goal.