Beautiful weather today for a bit of roaming, but there doesn’t appear to be a lot in the immediate vicinity of Stanley that is of particular interest. Internet access is a huge pain, but I’ve still been trying to catch up a bit on the news:
- It sounds like the election will be ridiculously close, which is scary.
- The Sox broke the curse (wow!)
- The Browns have simultaneously discovered how to score and forgotten how to defend.
- The Onion reports that Cheney will attack America himself if Kerry wins.
- Ohio State football has collapsed completely and is now unranked.
- And otherwise life seems more-or-less unchanged.
Stage two of the trip starts tomorrow as I’ll be off to the outlying islands for twelve days.